I took this photo a few years ago at the community garden before this plot was officially mine. A fellow plot member had moved away, weeds were taking over the plot and it was already June. I couldn’t stand to see the space sit empty and so set out to get something in the ground before it was too late.
To make a long story short I needed to make a staking system for the tomatoes but didn’t have much on hand in the way of materials: some old thick stakes a friend got for me years prior at a farm supply store, a bunch of useless wire tomato cages, and old jute twine that was on the verge of breaking. This was the contraption I came up with. I didn’t have any tools with which to bend the wire so I did that little twisty thing on the top as best I could with my hands. Come to think of it, I could have gone home to get more supplies or a tool kit but I suppose I was either being lazy or enjoyed playing McGuyver with what was available. Most likely a combination of both.