While it is still early days yet here in the upper regions of North America, many of us (myself included) have begun the process of buying and planting seeds for the 2012 gardening season. There are 12 years of resources published on this website, many of which even I have trouble locating, so I’ve compiled a list here to make it easier for you.
- These Are a Few of My Favourite Peas
- Giant Cape Gooseberry
- Salad Greens: Direct sow these.
- Wild Eggplant: Just for the heck of it, I decided to grow one this year.
- Growing Beans: Buy now, but wait until after the last frost to direct sow outdoors.
- ‘Trionfo Violetto’: If you only have room for one pole bean, I’d suggest this one.
- ‘Spigarello’ Leaf Broccoli: A very productive and beautiful leafy green.
- Edible Flowers
- Delicious Nasturtiums
- Tomatoes to Grow in Containers (or anywhere else for that matter)
- Hot Pepper varieties that I grew in 2011.
- Italian Edibles
- Build a D.I.Y Lighting System
- Printable Seed-Starting Chart (This is a good place to begin)
- A Quick and Easy Germination Test
- Seed-Starting Instructions
- Toilet Roll Seed-Starter (Please note that I have altered this system and I no longer cut the slots or bother making a bottom. Though either works, really.)
- Make Your Own Seed-Starting Mix (scroll down the page)
Caring for Seedlings & Planting Out