I didn’t intend to write another post about Holiday gifts this season but I realized that when I wrote the first post I left out the handmade items I found in my search. There’s some really great stuff there and it just seems like a waste not to mention them so here I go:
Please note that items are listed in U.S prices.
1. Notes to Grow On – $25.00 A set of 7 letterpress cards depicting reproduction herb prints. Each card includes a packet of herb seeds attached to the back. Really beautiful.
2. Dandelion Coaster – $6.00 This company makes a bunch of botanically-inspired coasters but I have a special affinity for dandelions.
3. Reusable Vegetable Bags – $20.00 A set of 3 reusable, washable vegetable bags that you can take grocery shopping or out to the garden to collect your harvest. Made from a lightweight but sturdy fabric that won’t affect the scale at the grocery store.
4. Black Fall Flowers Long Sleeve Shirt – $25.00 A silk screened shirt depicting what looks to be tansy or Queen Anne’s Lace.
5. Plantable Wine Bottle Tags – $2.50 A nice way to give a bottle of wine, although I’m sure you could attach one of these to just about anything. They make full-size cards as well.
7. Dig It Pendant – $10.00 A vintage 1930′s garden book illustration sealed between glass using lead-free solder. Comes equipped with a chain for wearing.