- Urban Farming Around the World – An inspiring pictorial.
- A Hairless Beast is Roaming My Neighbourhood – Hint: It’s not the Chupacabra. We haven’t seen it yet, but it’s become our favourite threat.
- Ultimate Veggie Peeler – I made cucumber soup this week in an effort to pretend that this is really summer and not the spring that never ends. I really could have used this peeler. I’ve put off buying one for year because I figure if I’m going to get one it shouldn’t get clogged, slice easily and thinly, and be light in the hand. This one has a ceramic blade! I’ve assigned my brother to locate one for my birthday but so far no luck. And about the promotional copy on the site: Who peels tomatoes for gazpacho?
- Guerrilla Floral Design – A curious art project in my city. They’re using live plants but I’m calling it floral design since the plants are only expected to survive short term for aesthetic reasons…. THAT is floral design, not gardening.
- Peta Pixel Interview with Gayla Trail – This one is about photography, not gardening. I have always kept that work separate from here but…. here goes.
- Interview with My Brother Jay aka DJ General Eclectic – Since I’m already going off-topic… I am so happy for him and thrilled about how much he has accomplished. He works hard! I could not have made the You Grow Girl Toronto book launch party without him — I truly had no idea where to begin (I know food and set up). Thankfully he is helping me again for the next one in Feb 2010 and we’ve already begun planning. Thanks Jay!
Subscribe to get weekly updates from Gayla