Having been through an awful lot of seed catalogues I can say with a certain authority that the people who create varieties love an olde thymey name. Either that or they name the varieties after themselves or a great, great aunt and it just works out that way. Especially the beans. It’s always the beans!
- ‘Grammy Tilly’ Runner Bean
- ‘Uncle Willie’s’ Bush Bean – Cross referenced with the Hustlers and Pimps Collection.
- ‘Turkey Gizzard’ Pole Bean – Save the gizzard for Uncle Willy!
- ‘Grandpa Admire’s’ Leaf Lettuce
- ‘Wenk’s Yellow Hots’ Hot Pepper
- ‘Ethel Watkin’s Best’ Tomato
- ‘Olde Timey Looney’ Tomato
- ‘Ten Commandments’ Gourd – Not so much “olde thyme” as biblical.